PORT TALBOT WATERFRONTEnterprise Zone
A longstanding manufacturing heritage and unique well-connected location make this one of the most accessible and unique business destinations in Wales.
03000 6 03000
RANGE OF AFFORDABLE ACCOMMODATION
FROM NEW STATE OF THE ART, READY-TO-GO BUILDINGS TO LARGE DEVELOPMENT SITES
WORLD-CLASS ADVANCED MANUFACTURING SKILLS DEVELOPMENT, RESEARCH
AT KEY INNOVATION CENTRES AND LOCAL COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
STRONG MANUFACTURING HERITAGE
FORWARD-LOOKING MANUFACTURING SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY, SUPPORTED BY WELSH GOVERNMENT
ADVICE AND SUPPORT
COMPANIES LOCATED IN THE ZONE CAN ACCESS WELSH GOVERNMENT SUPPORT AND ADVICE ON AREAS SUCH AS TECHNOLOGY, EXPORTS, INNOVATION, SKILLS AND APPRENTICESHIPS
Why choose us
Port Talbot Waterfront Enterprise Zone, a partnership between Welsh Government and NPTCBC in South West Wales, is home to a highly skilled workforce and a wide diversity of sectors - including Advanced Materials & Manufacturing, Energy & Environment and Construction.
With access to a deep water harbour and excellent rail and road links, this is one of the most accessible and unique business destinations in Wales.
Businesses moving to the area would profit from the inherent strengths and the existing growth potential of the region, and the momentum of the Economic Regeneration Strategy of the Zone and Swansea Bay City Region which is a catalyst to improving the prospects of communities, businesses and the economy.
EXPLORE PORT TALBOT WATERFRONT ENTERPRISE ZONE
Explore Port Talbot Waterfront Enterprise Zone using our online datamap.
Why Choose Us
AN INNOVATIVE ENVIRONMENT
The Enterprise Zone benefits from strong links with academia, including:
- Swansea University’s Bay Campus - one of the biggest knowledge economy projects in Europe.
- The Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre at Swansea University, which is conducting world leading research into improving the efficiency and environmental sustainability of gas turbine engines.
- SPECIFIC Innovation and Knowledge Centre, which aims to transform buildings into power stations by enabling them to generate, store and release their own solar energy.
- TWI Technology Centre (Wales) specialising in the development and application of non-destructive testing (NDT) methods.
- The Hydrogen Research Centre - a focal point of new R&D for renewable hydrogen production and novel hydrogen energy storage.
There are many reasons why doing business in Wales gives you a distinct advantage – from skills to strategic partnerships, and a tailored approach to financial support. We provide a personal response to business with clear lines of communication with Government. And the links between business and academic institutions grow stronger every year. Wales will continue to develop close relationships with international partners, in Europe and further afield. We have a great story to tell, of an agile and innovative nation with a truly global outlook.