This notice was last updated on the 9th of May 2018.
Your privacy is important to Trade & Invest Wales and in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) we have developed a Privacy Notice that covers why we collect and use your information. This privacy notice ensures that your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices.
1. Why we collect and process the data collected
The Welsh Government will be the Data Controller for the personal data you provide on the Trade & Invest Wales Contact Us Form or the Trade & Invest Newsletter Subscription Form (or forms used to enter our competitions). In line with our public task the data will be used to identify you and provide the most appropriate support to you from our service teams.
2. Who will have access to your data:
• This data is shared with organisations contracted by Welsh Government to solely deliver Welsh Government sponsored business support associated to the content of the Trade & Invest Wales Contact Us Form.
• The collected information will be accessible by Welsh Government Business Marketing team, Welsh Government support service teams and its system technical administrators who support the I.T. system. System technical administrators will not use your details in any way.
3. How long are your details kept
Your details will be retained on our systems inline with Welsh Government retention policy for up to 2 years as part of our ongoing training and quality reviews.
4. Your rights
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- access the personal data the Welsh Government holds on you;
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data;
- (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing;
- (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’;
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection.
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113
For help with any of the above rights then please contact our Business Wales Helpline 03000 6 03000 or use the contact us form
5. The Freedom of Information Act and your Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before responding to such a request.
6. Changes to this policy
For further information on your information rights:
Postal address: Data Protection Officer, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ
Email address: Data.ProtectionOfficer@gov.wales
Other information collected on this website
Google will use this information to produce user activity reports for this website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
We also use software that checks your IP address and returns details of the businesses that visit our website. If you visit our website from a business or organisation, the details of your visit may be recorded. This includes the date and time of your visit, your business or organisation name, business address, business telephone number, business email address, your registered business number, your SIC code(s), the source of your visit, the number of pages you viewed and the amount of time you spent on our website. No details of personal users are tracked - we only receive generic business details if your business or organisation IP address is matched to a business database held by the software providers.