The automotive sector in Wales features:-
- Over 150 companies – including Original Equipment Manufacturers like Toyota, as well as high value/tier 1 suppliers such as Schaeffler and Calsonic Kansei.
- Over 20 million engines produced in Wales.
- A skilled workforce of over 18,000 people.
- £3 billion annual turnover.
- An established, diverse supply chain.
- Easy access to UK automotive centres from South Wales: Jaguar Land Rover, Honda and Mini (BMW). And from North Wales: Toyota Derby, Nissan Sunderland and GM (Vauxhall) Ellesmere Port.
Companies operating in Wales include:-
- Aston Martin Lagonda (St Athan)
- Toyota (Deeside)
- Calsonic Kansei (Llanelli)
- Cast Alum (Welshpool)
- Continental Teves (Ebbw Vale)
- GTEKT (Ebbw Vale)
- JTEKT Automotive (Resolven)
- Meritor (Cwmbran)
- Schaeffler (Llanelli)
- Unifrax Emission Control Europe Ltd (Holywell)
- Senior Flexonics (Crumlin)
- Sogefi Filtration (Tredegar)
- Stadco (Powys)
- Sumitomo Electrical Industries Ltd (Ystradgynlais)
- Gestamp Tallent Ltd (Llanelli)
- Tenneco-Walker (Tredegar)
- JCB (Wrexham)
- TRW (Pontypool)
- Reflex & Allen (Bodelwyddan)
- Toyoda Gosei (Gorseinon)
"There is a good local supply chain. I spend around £7.2m a year on locally sourced components. So, we definitely have the infrastructure and the capabilities in Wales."
Clayton Harding, Mollertech UK
View or download our Automotive booklet.
Contact us for more information.