Two years in the building and many more in the planning, the breathtaking new International Convention Centre Wales has opened its doors to welcome the world to Wales.
The UK Space Conference, with 2,000 delegates from all over the globe, was one of the first events to experience the out-of-this-world facilities, proving the sky is no longer the limit for Wales as a destination for business events.
An £83.7m joint venture partnership between Celtic Manor Resort and Welsh Government, ICC Wales was built on the recommendations of industry focus groups meaning the facilities are client-focused and deliver for the needs of organisers, exhibitors and delegates.
Key features include:
- A 4,000 sq m pillar-free exhibition hall (divisible into 6 sections) which is capable of holding 2,400 people for a gala dinner
- Auditorium with tiered seating for 1,500 people
- 15 flexible meeting rooms
- 26,000 sq m of total floor space
- Generous atrium entrance with 2,500 sq m outdoor plaza
- Natural daylight in all meeting rooms and the main hall
- Networking spaces on all levels
- Dedicated facilities for clients and production teams
- Direct loading for production and exhibition vehicles
Two hours from London, ICC Wales is just a stone’s throw from the M4 and yet a world away in the scenic grounds of the Celtic Manor Resort … natural daylight floods into the venue, meeting rooms have floor to ceiling views of ancient woodland, and walkways lead to ponder pods in this stunning natural environment. The venue even features an indoor living wall of energising plant life.
Well-being also shines through the Mind, Body and Soul food philosophy at ICC Wales where the expert in-house culinary team aims to keep the mind sharp, body strong and soul nourished through tasty and nutritious food designed to boost alertness and energy levels.
As well as international business events like the UK Space Conference, the venue also hosted An Experience With Arnold Schwarzenegger attracting 1,300 gala dinner guests, and a 30-show run of The Nutcracker on Ice for family audiences within its first few months of opening in September 2019.
With fully flexible and versatile facilities, it can stage a wide range of corporate, association, entertainment and exhibition events. ICC Wales has also been used as a filming location for a number of prestigious international productions.
Primary Contact: email@example.com