Respiratory Innovation Wales (RIW)
Respiratory Innovation Wales (RIW) is a not for profit organisation, supported by Welsh Government, and been operating since January 2019.
Its overall mission is to be a world leading gateway for respiratory innovation with a focus on bringing together commercial organisations, patients and the NHS to inform developments and innovative solutions to respiratory health and well-being challenges.
RIW considers itself a significant channel that connects industry with the health and social care ecosystem to translate a good idea into products, devices and approaches that will improve respiratory health and well-being in Wales and beyond.
Their products and services include:
- Advisory and Consultancy to organisations seeking expertise as they develop or enhance respiratory products, devices and treatments;
- Education and Training to organisations and individuals seeking real world insights to benefit their innovations and developments;
- Undertaking Research and collaborating with other organisations and academics for maximum impact;
- Supporting the implementation and delivery of multi-site clinical trials across Wales.
On the trade mission would like to:
- Utilise the opportunity as a platform to raise awareness of RIW and its services and expertise available across Wales at an international level with focus on identifying and supporting innovative respiratory solutions that involve new ways of working and or using technology in respiratory disease to include prevention and management.
- Network on an international level to identify future collaborations and collaborators that will bring investment to Wales
- Network to identify future collaborations and collaborators that will lead to export at an international level of RIWs novel therapeutics and services that have been discovered through collaborations across Wales and beyond
Head of Strategic Partnerships and Business Development
+44 (0) 7384 815032