Academic Focus - Automotive Technologies
Wales produces over 6,000 science and engineering graduates a year. Within our eight universities, there is a wealth of academic expertise applying itself to the automotive industry.
From vehicle design and materials research, to next-generation power train and fuel technology, here are just a few of our academic centres that are working with the sector:–
Automotive design, prototyping and testing
– University of Wales Trinity St David Automotive Design Non-Destructive Testing
– Swansea University Computational Fluid Dynamics
– Cardiff Metropolitan University Product Design & Development
Alternative powertrain and materials technology
– University of South Wales Hybrid and full electric vehicle powertrain Automotive energy storage
– Cardiff University Emission reduction Mechanical and structural performance
– Swansea University Lightweighting Composite technology
Alternative fuel technology
– Cardiff University Alternative Transport Fuels
– University of South Wales Hydrogen Centre
– Aberystwyth University Plant compound transport fuels
Industry support in Wales
The Welsh Automotive Forum (WAF) is the authoritative voice of the automotive industry in Wales. WAF showcases its members’ products and services at international events and campaigns. It lobbies on their behalf on local, national and international platforms.
WAF works with the SMMT and UK Automotive Council to further the business goals of members, especially in supply chain technology and skills.
Wales is an empowered nation
Accessible ministers and government enable swift decision-making and delivering against priorities for Wales in terms of jobs, growth and wealth.
Wales means business
The Welsh Government supports growing businesses with:
– The best funding packages in Europe.
– Generous support for skills development.
– Specialist advice and exceptional financial support for R&D.
– Unique and innovative support for global trade development.
– World class academic collaborations.
– Dedicated enterprise zones.
Support from experts
Proactive support for business is delivered through a dedicated account manager, who assists with market intelligence, identifying new business opportunities and supply chain development.
View or download our Automotive booklet.
Contact us for more information.